Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It grows three square millimetres every single day.

Image025

Backlogs. The single most wonderful effect of procrastination.

And It's backlog clearing time for me. Like this unbounded stack of things to do. And some ten hours a day to do them.

Ah, but complaining's my forte. You don't get better than me when it's whining your doing.

My sister claims to have noticed a clear 1200% jump in my focus. Off the charts, people!

It's like this: There's Chakko in the morning. I saw this book on his desk, covered with some kind of butter paper, neatly titled "Synthesis of Subsonic Airplane Design: An Introduction to the Preliminary Design of Subsonic General Aviation and Transport Aircraft with Emphasis on Layout, ... Design, Propulsion and Performance."1 I think the non-homophobic fraction of me fell for him right there. This guy, he takes Physics and Math for me right in the morning at 6:15. And he cheats too. I swear having entered at 6:13 to see him already explaining the next big thing. I mean, the next chapter.

Then there's coming home. Alter Bridge. Coming Home. Four minutes, twenty seconds of aural bliss. Orgasmic stuff. I've never, ever had a favourite band. Clear status change there. My favourite band of all time: Alter Bridge. Digressed but again, haven't we? Where was I? Ah, coming home. I reach home, wake my household, breakfast, yada-yada, study, yada-yada.. lunch, yada-yada, study, yada-yada, FRISBEE!

Frisbee with my little sissy. Must be the second happiest time of my day. And you won't dare laugh. It's intense. And the reason for the very many bruises all over me. Fun. I never thought I could jump half my height ever. Or dive across double my height. Or any of that Michael Jordan stuff.

Some more study happens, then dinner, even more study and then it finally gets funky. Because by eleven, my upper and lower eyelids find togetherness. Even though I prefer them otherwise. And before you know it, <graphic, reader discretion advised> my head finds itself in a viscous puddle of drool, paper, ink and even some graphite if I'm lucky.</graphic> For sleep overcomes me, right there on my desk.

Off with me, now.

4 comments:

Snow said...

Hahahahaha, WEIRDO :P. whats that around you're wrist? :P. I dare u to come to tuition like that. you can make a fashion statement n all :P. Chakko is coooool. When I was isolated opposite u viscious boys, I noticed some test paper of his(it was almost rotten) and the date was 1999 or something. And I read the first two questions, and those are the ones that came in our test :P Damn it! I should have flicked it! and not to mention his 100 year old eraser. Ahh, I wonder why he ain't married though :|. You study ALOT!! Ah, cant blame u though :P. SLEEP, my boi!

Anonymous said...

WHY DO YOU HAVE A YELLOW SCRUNCHY ON YOUR WRIST?!?!
Are you growing your hair longer, or something?
If you are, PLEASE don't wear a scrunchy.
They're girl-things, so stay. off.

Aditi said...

*all hail Chakko*

can I show him your blog?
Pretty please?

:D

wannabuildabot said...

There seems to be a distinct lack of male comments on this here page...

(realizing that it is within my power to change that, I have decided to act!)

So what exactly is it that grows 3 Sq. mm each day? I seriously doubt that backlogs themselves can grow at such a low rate (3mm per day, understood. but 3 sq.mm?????????)

And I've got a hunch that you've got too used to the padded wrist-supporting mouse pads.

Thats why you have resorted to such unconventional methods while writing! (not that i wouldn't if i found myself in a similar situation!)